As we begin planning for the 2020-2021 school year in the Sweetwater Union High School District, we wanted to take an opportunity to remind you about the timelines that we follow as we work through this process. We believe that this is a collaborative effort and we look forward to receiving input from you and all of our stakeholders in the coming months.
Thank you and we wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Sweetwater 2020-2021 Budget Planning Timeline
- December 16, 2019 – First Interim Report at Board Meeting
Staff/Community Budget Ideas Form open on District Website
- January – Budget Workshops for the Board of Trustees
- January 10, 2020 – Governor’s 2020-2021 State Budget Proposal
- January/February – Budget/LCAP Input from staff and community
- March 9, 2020 – Second Interim Report at Board Meeting
- April – LCAP input from DELAC/DPAC
- May 10, 2020 – Governor’s 2020-2021 Budget Revision
- May 11, 2020 – Third Interim Budget Report at Board Meeting
- June 8, 2020 – Public Hearing for 2020-2021 Budget/LCAP at Board Meeting
- June 22, 2020 – Adopted 2020-2021 Budget/LCAP at Board Meeting
- June 30, 2020 – Governor’s Final Approval of 2020-2021 State Budget