The Sweetwater District LCAP Stakeholder Engagement meetings were a huge success! Over the course of five weeks, nearly 1,200 South Bay community members, parents and students provided input on the district goals and objectives of the LCAP.
The LCAP is a 3 year plan that begins with stakeholder engagement that identifies needs for all students, using data and measurable student outcomes, as aligned with the state’s priorities, that includes specific actions and services supported with district resources, with special emphasis on students of need.
Thank you to all who attended the meetings. The input provided is invaluable and will bring greater clarity and focus around the direction of the school board and the superintendent.
On December 14, 2015 the final LCAP was approved by the Board of Trustees.
The Sweetwater Union High School District revisited its Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP). The purpose of this revisiting was to create a plan that brought greater clarity and focus around the direction of the school board and the superintendent.
During the month of October and into the first week of November, the Sweetwater District hosted five community meetings engaging the public in the process and presented the goals and objectives of the LCAP.
- Why we revisited the LCAP?
- To bring clarity of focus around the direction of new board and superintendent – this is our story of what makes Sweetwater unique, special and a great place for students to learn
- To build upon last spring’s stakeholder engagement using a different approach
- To communicate that we want to hear from all areas of the district as well as all stakeholder groups
- To write the plan in a concise way that is student-centered
- Meetings were held in trustee areas:
- October 8 – Trustee Area 1 (SUHI, GJ, NCM, NCA, CVH, CVM,) at CVM
- October 22 – Trustee Area 2 (BVH, BVM, HH, HM, CVA, Pal. OSS) at BVM
- October 28 – Trustee Area 3 (ELH, ELM, ORH, OLH, RDR, EHA) at ORH
- October 29 – Trustee Area 4 (CPH, CPM, SYH, SYA) at CPH
- November 5 – Trustee Area 5 (MoH, MoM, SoH, SoM, MVH, MVA, MoA) at MVH