On December 11, 2017 the Board of Trustees adopted a new Mission and Belief Statements for the Sweetwater Union High School District.
We received 115 comments and responses to the first draft and the changes reflect careful consideration of the input we received from the community and the 40 stakeholders who came together to create the initial drafts.
We thank the entire community and thank you for helping us in “Putting Students First”.
Located in the heart of an international border community, the Sweetwater Union High School District ensures a safe, inclusive, collaborative culture that empowers each student to actively engage in a meaningful educational experience to pursue personal and academic success.
- We believe each student can succeed.
- We believe in a welcoming community that is inclusive, equitable, and promotes positive academic, social, and emotional well-being.
- We believe relationships and collaboration matter.
- We believe resources shall be equitably distributed to ensure the success of each student.
- We believe in the value of community voice in decision-making.
- We believe in a culture of trust based on integrity and transparency.