The Sweetwater Union High School District and Computer Science teachers community would like to invite our students to participate in this year’s Hour of Code Event during Computer Science Education week , December 5 – 11!
Several schools in our district will be conducting individual classes to school-wide activities for the Hour of Code next week (Dec 5-11). Last year, the district had several hundred students participate, and we hope to increase those numbers this year!
Each year that students and staff have participated in the Hour of Code the feedback has been extremely positive!
The Hour of Code can be done on desktops, laptops, tables, and smartphones!
With questions, please contact Art Lopez, District Curriculum Specialist for Computer Science at Arthur.firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information about the Hour of Code, please check out the following!
• Hour of Code Tutorials (select one for students [or you!] to use)
• Hour of Code Video Inspirational Video
• How to Guide for Teachers
• President Obama calling on all students to learn computer science
• Promote Hour of Code Resources (including inspirational videos)