The Sweetwater Board of Trustees is in the process of conducting an Executive Search for the Districts next Superintendent. The San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) was selected to advise the board in this important process. As part of the superintendent search process, SDCOE, conducted stakeholder input sessions to learn what members of our community want to see in the next superintendent. The SDCOE also collected data from a survey of SUHSD stakeholders. This information was used to inform the job posting. The position is currently advertised on multiple professional sites and trade publications. To attract the most qualified applicants, this search will process will be conducted with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality. Applications are currently being accepted through April 2.
Superintendent Search Timeline
Please note that this information is subject to change and will be updated accordingly.
- April 2 – 12 – Superintendent application closes; board reviews applications and interview materials
- April 17-18 – Board conducts interviews with candidates
- April 19 – Announcement of final selection in open session
- April 19-25 – Validation visit, if needed; negotiation of contract
- May 10 – Approval of contract at regularly scheduled meeting